We interrupt this bloggie catch-up time to bring you some late breaking action!
Tonight we got out our Christmas decorations. One of our most treasured items is the crocheted nativity set that Mammaw Taylor made for us.
Just before bedtime, Claire retreated over to the nativity and started playing quietly. Chris motioned for me to listen, and I started watching her play. She was completely unaware that we were listening, and after several minutes I finally got out the video camera.
When I started watching, she had all the characters lined up, taking turns looking at baby Jesus in his cradle, and saying "Awww, look how cute" and other such sentiments. Then the characters started taking turns holding Jesus, and the little shepherd boy got in trouble for almost dropping the baby.
That's where the video starts! The angel flies Mary to the scene and she gives the shepherd boy a stern warning about never picking up a baby. I captured over 8 minutes of video as the play unfolded, and there are some really funny parts! I hope you can hear it well, as Claire had some really funny things to say. I was filming over the back of the couch and she never knew I was there!
One of my favorite parts is about 2/3 in when the kings were about to hold the baby and the shepherd boy was really wanting to. His sheep went over to ask to hold the baby, and Joseph told him no. The shepherd boy said, "Aww, Beary. I don't get to hold him either!" (That sheep does kinda look like a polar bear, doesn't it?)
Enjoy these few moments of total sweetness! (You may want to view it at YouTube...on my screen the video is chopped off on the right and I'm not sure how to fix that!)
2 comments:
Precious! Love that video camera! ;-)
this is so precious!!
Post a Comment