Friday, February 25, 2011

I met THE Pioneer Woman!

One of my favorite blogs to read is The Pioneer Woman.  I love her recipes and photography, and her funny stories about ranch life.  Her youngest son was born the day before Aaron, so I feel like we have a connection, ya know?  Ha!

I got her cookbook for Christmas a couple of years ago, and I LOVE it.  I make a lot of her recipes both from the cookbook and her blog.  She recently wrote a new book chronicling her love story with her husband, a cowboy (she was a city girl so it was an unlikely match).  She is on a book tour right now, and she came to Memphis to do signings!  I was so excited, I wrote it on my calendar as soon as the date was announced. 

Luckily, my sweet friend Amy knows I love PW, and she snagged me tickets for the autograph line a couple of weeks ago, which meant I got to be towards the front of the line at the signing!  THANKS A TON, Amy!

Mom and I went to the signing, and met my friend Regina there. Regina had saved us front-row seats since she got there super-early with her boys. THANKS, Regina! (I have great friends, huh?)

Here's Regina and I right up front!


Ree's husband, whom she calls "Marlboro Man" on her blog, was there and signing books as well. He's a real, live cowboy!


Regina getting books signed...


And we finally got to meet The Pioneer Woman herself! 


Ree was so down-to-earth and super sweet.


I told her about our babies being 1 day apart, and how I vividly remembered June 5, 2004, her son's birthday.  It's the day Reagan died, if you didn't know.  I was at a family reunion, in the early stages of labor. 





Gotta love random guy in the background!


And us with our autographed books!

No comments: