She is still not walking, but in the last couple of weeks she has learned to stand unassisted. Just this week she learned to stand up in the middle of a room, without pulling up. She is so proud when she does it, but she won't take a step forward!
Hannah loves music--she claps when she hears certain songs in the car, and she's learning the itsy bitsy spider!
She loves to eat, although she's getting pickier. She won't always eat banana like she used to (maybe she got tired of it?), but she LOVES cheese. She likes bread and pizza and blueberries and will sometimes eat sweet potatoes. Sometimes it's a bit of a challenge to feed her. She's definitely done with baby food though, so that's somewhat of a relief. I like being able to put her dinner on her tray and she just eats it! I discovered last week that she likes baba gannouj, a middle eastern chickpea/eggplant dip I had found on markdown at Kroger. It was soooo good on wheat thins, so I put some on a Ritz for Hannah and she gobbled it up! So funny!
She's officially weaned now, as of a few days ago. It was bittersweet to nurse my (more than likely) last baby for the last time. I was ready to be done, and she was fine with milk from a sippy cup. Maybe now Mom and Dad can get away for a night or two???
Hannah is into EVERYTHING. Sometimes I wonder why we even have toys. She goes from the computer table to the magazine pile to the video cabinet to the toilet paper drawer to the pantry to the crayon drawers. It's just non-stop keeping her out of stuff! She has one cabinet in the kitchen we allow her in, and sometimes she goes nuts in there!
(Do you think her hair will be red??)
Busted!!
She's been introduced to the 4-wheeler. She loves going for rides!
Aaron just ADORES her.
And of course, Claire does too!
It's good to have a big sister!
She's also learned how to say lots of things. She says lots of things that sound like they're supposed to be words, but alot of times we don't know what she's saying. Sometimes it sounds like she says something very clearly, but I think she's too young to say those things! Like "I tried" or "hold that" or "I want that". She definitely says Mama, Dada, all done, bathtime and book. She is doing well with her signing. She signs book, eat, all done, blueberries, milk, bathtime, diaper change, swing, and probably a few more I'm forgetting. She made up her own sign for "brush teeth" (she puts her finger in her mouth like she's brushing her teeth and grunts at us). She loves to brush her teeth!! (Speaking of teeth she has eight now! Four on top and four on bottom.)
She's had another ear infection this summer, and her pediatrician referred her to the ENT. The ENT wants to do tubes, but said we could wait a while if we want, so right now we're waiting to see how she does once cold season sets in. I think tubes are in her future, probably before the end of the year.
So that's a wrap on my baby, who is STILL my baby even though she's getting to be a big girl. We love you Hannah Rose!!
No comments:
Post a Comment