(My teacher at Thames Elementary in Hattiesburg was Mrs. Anderson, and there was a girl named Carrie in my class who always copied off of me, but Mrs. Anderson would always tell me to just cover my paper! That drove me nuts!! I also vividly remember field day, and doing the three-legged race and getting a wooden nickel "medal". Fun times!)
Anyway, Aaron was very excited to go. He is using an individual desk this year, instead of shared tables they used in Kindergarten. He is in class with one boy from last year, Ethan, and he was very excited about that. (I remember that his K teacher told me that Ethan and Aaron were the top readers in her class, so I expected to see Ethan placed in the advanced class as well.) He sat next to Ethan at lunch on the first day, and he said Ethan sits directly behind him. Aaron told me he can earn "Armadillo dollars" for good behavior, and one of the things they can buy with their dollars is a new desk, so he is already planning to save up $40 Armadillo dollars to move to the desk next to Ethan! It thrills me to see him making a friend!! Back in the spring when I chaperoned the K field trip to the zoo, Ethan and Aaron were in my group so we toured the zoo as a trio. I liked Ethan, and I think he and Aaron could be good friends.
Here is Aaron with his sweet little sister, on the first morning of school.
This picture just cracks me up! Claire is striking her little sassy pose, and Aaron is making a goofy smile. So typical of these little best friends.
We went as a family to walk Aaron to school on the first day. Here he is going into his classroom!
And sitting at his big kid desk!
And giving his sister bye-kisses. I'm guessing this is the last year for that!
Of course when Aaron got home he was a squirmy worm, bouncing all over the couch while telling me what he could remember about his day. He LOVES rules so the first days of school where that is all they go over are very fun for him! After we talked for a bit, he retreated to his room and played quietly with his Legos for a while!
No comments:
Post a Comment