Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Aaron's drawings

Aaron has started doing his first representative drawings--drawings that are actually supposed to BE something. I'm so proud! His favorite thing to draw? You guessed it--garbage trucks!

It started a few weeks ago, around Father's Day, when he would ask me to draw the body of a truck, and he would add the claws or sweepers or forks or whatever he wanted. Daddy got lots of truck drawings for Father's Day.

Then when we were on vacation, the kids had arts and crafts time thanks to Jen and Beth who had brought tons of paper and markers for them to use. When Aaron brought me the drawing he did all by himself, I nearly fell out! It was so good, for him, and he was so proud!

It started simple...




Then he added more claws and brought it to me again...


I even took a video of him explaining it.


Now he draws garbage trucks on everything. He came home Sunday with tons of papers from Sunday school and Kid's Time, and all of them had garbage trucks on them. One day he was practicing writing letters during our afternoon quiet time, and when I wanted to put a reward sticker at the top of his page, he said, "I will just draw a garbage truck instead." On another page he attempted to draw a digger! Sometimes he draws garbage truck boats--they look the same but don't have wheels. Once he drew a garbage truck submarine, by scribbling some water above the truck.

I'm so proud!

No comments: