Sunday, October 25, 2009

Claire and her friends

One of Claire's favorite things to do now that Aaron is in school is have a get-together with one of her little girlfriends. She just loves her friends!



A couple of weeks ago I thought I would go crazy if I had to stay home again with just Claire, with her asking, "Mommy, will you play with me?" all day long. So I called my friend Angie and asked if Allie Rae could come over the next day. You would think having one more kid in the house would make it crazier, but it's really easier! They go play and have so much fun and I can actually get things done. I had a conference call scheduled that morning during Hannah's nap time, so I made sure Allie Rae was here by that time so I knew Claire would not interrupt. Strategic, eh?

On this particular play date, I caught Claire and Allie Rae sitting on the couch reading a book together! They were so cute so I got out my camera. They started squirming around so I put Hannah up there with them and they stayed still for a picture! It was very sweet.

Last week Claire got to go to her friend Emma Kate's house for a few hours while I ran some errands. She had so much fun! She and Emma Kate played all kinds of things and even got to eat lunch together. Amy Lauren told me she was able to do some sewing while the girls played. This is a nice arrangement!

One night a few weeks ago Claire was playing in her play kitchen and was pretending to talk on the phone to Allie Rae. I got an idea and called Angie to ask her to have Allie Rae call Claire on the real phone. A couple of minutes later when my phone rang, I told Claire it was for her and let her answer. She and Allie Rae talked for several minutes, and Claire kept giggling so hard! She was so excited to talk to one of her friends on the phone. Angie told me that Allie Rae paced circles in the living room the whole time she was talking. So funny! Chris jokingly got onto me for encouraging our daughter to start talking on the phone so young. He he he!

1 comment:

Amber said...

Aren't little girls fun!