So this post is a little late...Hannah Rose turned 4 months old on Sept 26th! I can't believe 4 months have gone by. She has changed so much and I get sad when I think about how I'll never get back those little tiny baby days...so when I look at her now I'm thinking, "I'll never get back these smiley gurgly baby days...so I'm going to enjoy every second!"
Hannah had her checkup last Friday and weighed in at 12 lbs 7 oz, 24.5 inches long. She had grown 2 full inches in just 2 months! My friend Debra had her baby last week and I took Hannah with me to the hospital to visit baby Lilli. We laid Hannah and Lilli next to each other and Hannah looked huge. Lilli was a 6.5 pound baby, so even though she's tiny, she weighs more than Hannah did at birth!!
The pediatrician told me it's time for the exersaucer, so Friday afternoon we dragged it out, cleaned it up, and let Hannah try it out. She seems to like it!
She's starting to hold toys and bring them to her mouth to explore them. She also has rediscovered her thumb. In her early days I thought she might be a thumb sucker, but she preferred her paci so we stuck with that. She still wants her paci to go to sleep, but when she's playing she's learned to cock her thumb into sucking position and she chews and sucks on it.
Hannah sleeps pretty well these days. She goes to bed around 7:30, wakes at 4:00 to nurse, then sleeps until 7:00 or 8:00. I remember that my other two stayed on that schedule for several months. Hopefully she'll drop the 4 am feeding sooner than later! But I am certainly thankful for a decent stretch of sleep every night. She takes about 3 naps a day--usually a long one in the afternoon. Poor baby has third child syndrome...she gets woken up from her nap to go pick up her brother or sister most days! So she loves her sleep when she gets it.
She's more squirmy these days...she's always kicking her legs or waving her arms around. When I put her on her tummy, she tries to scoot, and she has rolled over a few times. I don't want her to grow up so fast!
No comments:
Post a Comment