Saturday, January 9, 2010

Hannah...lucky number 7

Hannah is 7 months old now! She is really hitting a stage where she changes so much from day to day. She is learning so much. It's hard to believe that just a few short months ago she was a completely helpless little newborn, and now she sits up by herself, grabs toys and puts them in her mouth, eats solid foods, and even babbles a little.

December was a rough month for Hannah, with two diagnosed ear infections (which really means it was one ear infection that never really went away). She's now a patient at the ENT who treats the older two. I'm hoping I can get some sort of bulk discount with him. I would not be surprised if she ends up with tubes in the near future. The antibiotics the ENT prescribed just before Christmas cleared up her infection really well, and she started smiling and laughing again. I realized she had not really been happy for very long in several weeks. However, the antibiotics gave her thrush, which she passed along to me, so now we're battling nursing issues. It's just one thing after another!

But this sweet girl is worth it!

Look how well she sits!

I really like playing with my camera. It's nice to have a willing subject again. The big kids jump around too much!


Speaking of big kids, they are Hannah's biggest fans. They seriously love her soooo much. When she's sleeping, they beg for her to be awake. They want her to be with them in everything they do. I had worried that Aaron and Claire's close comraderie would be hard for a third child to break into, but they cannot wait until Hannah is able to run and play with them!


Look at the happy smiles!




She has learned to blow raspberries and click her tongue. It's so cute.


She was doing this to make us laugh.




And she laughed too.


Again?


Poppy got her some rubber ducks for Christmas and she likes them.


She's not crawling yet, and she's not really trying to. But I think once she tries, she'll be off in no time! I am not rushing that milestone at all...my life will be so much more difficult once she's crawling! Look at all the junk the big kids leave laying around that we will have to be diligent to keep picked up! I'll also have to get a baby gate for the kids' room. They keep Legos and small Barbie stuff and marbles laying around all the time. That room will just be off-limits to Hannah for a while--I can't take away all of their toys!


Bathtime is one of her favorite times! She sits up in her bathtub now, and once I even let her sit in the big tub. She gets so excited when we go in the bathroom and I start running the water. It's cute to see her anticipate what is coming next.




Boo!

1 comment:

Jason and Leigha said...

I promise that baby is a Chris mini-me. :) She is just too precious!