Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Snow day!

School started back for Aaron on Tuesday, January 5th. Only two days later he was out for two days for SNOW! It wasn't much--barely a dusting--but they cancel school for the slightest bit of icy precipitation around here. In fact, when they cancelled school the 2nd day, it wasn't even snowing or icy roads or anything...it was just COLD. We're talking single digits cold...so apparently they decided it was Friday and it was too cold for us thin-skinned Southerners to get out, so we all got to stay home again. I thought I was going to go nuts!!

After breakfast that first morning, and after Hannah went down for her first nap, we bundled up and went outside to play for a little bit. I didn't attempt to take Hannah out in it (did I mention it was COLD?), so I don't have pictures of her in any of the snow.


Isn't Claire beautiful?


Aaron found a fun activity.


Then he made a snow angel. Claire didn't want to try.


Here he is drawing in the angel's head, since his head didn't make much of an impression in the snow.


Then we headed to the backyard to play.




They loved wiping the snow off of everything.




And of course, once we were too cold to play outside anymore, we had HOT CHOCOLATE!


We didn't attempt a snowman, because, well, did you see how much snow there was? Not really enough to make it worth our time. I hate cold weather, but I do hope we get at least one decent snow this winter so we can have a little more fun in the snow. Plus I need a picture of Hannah in her snowsuit crying in the snow...like this one of Claire.


Cruel, eh?

1 comment:

Amber said...

Oh my, that is cruel. Cute though!