Thursday, January 28, 2010

Sweet Hannah is 8 months old

Can you believe it? Hannah is already 8 months old. She is changing so much and learning so much every day. Her favorite new thing? CHEERIOS. She could eat her weight in Cheerios. She gets so excited when she sees the big yellow box coming out of the pantry. It cracks me up when she's eating one because she chews and chews and chews each one and I swear she must be burning more calories eating one Cheerio than what she's getting from it! She has also learned how to play peek-a-boo. I got this sweet video of her doing it late this evening.



She is very distractable these days. I have to nurse her in her bedroom with the door closed to make sure she eats well. If she hears the big kids she will turn and try to find them. She gets so excited when she first sees them after a nap or first thing in the morning. It seems she loves them as much as they love her!

After her bad ear infection in December and our early January battle with thrush, she amazed us with a little language explosion. She doesn't really say actual words...just "dada"...but we moms know that doesn't really mean "Daddy". No word she says actually means anything until she says "Mama" because we know that's what she was trying to say all along, right? He he he... Anyway, she babbles alot these days, just talking to herself and sometimes she carries on what sounds like a conversation with you. I caught a video of it one afternoon.


She also likes to click her tongue, and if you do it to her, she'll start doing it back to you. It's so neat to watch her start to communicate, even if it isn't actual words. I can tell there are certain words she understands, like "Cheerio" and "nurse" and "diaper change" and even "night night".

She's not crawling yet, but I've noticed the last few days she's been leaning way forward and even getting one leg around behind her (sometimes making her fall over which makes her very mad). She reaches for things that are out of her reach, so I know the idea of moving herself is crossing her mind. I think I might find some super glue for her bottom because I really don't want her to start crawling yet! Not my baby!

No comments: