The weather man had NOT predicted this! We sat and watched a few minutes of the local morning news, and were laughing at how the weather guy was stammering and stumbling, trying to explain models and how none of their models predicted this. It was so funny!
The snow was very deep! Chris went out to take some pictures while he was cleaning off his truck. (Unfortunately, he still had to go to work.)
This is the snow on top of his truck...
After we ate breakfast and got all layered and bundled up, I took the big kids outside to play. Hannah was still sleeping, thank goodness.
Claire said, "Look at all this SNOW!"
Aaron was able to make a real snow angel this time.
We finally went to the backyard to play. Check out the picnic table!
Aaron had a blast with his digger.
Then Hannah woke up! I got her all bundled up in her snow suit, and remarkably, she didn't seem to mind!
Even when I sat her in the snow, she didn't fuss!
The kids let her taste the snow.
I brought Hannah's exersaucer on the back porch and put her in it, snowsuit and all, so I could help the kids build a snowman. We got about this much done before Hannah was DONE.
I couldn't get the carrot to stick in the snow, and we never bothered finding eyes or arms for it. Hannah was ready to go in so we all went in and watched a movie on Disney channel, and ate popcorn!
I washed a load of all of our wet snow clothes, Hannah took a nap, and then we went down the street to Mark and Debra's house.
They have a great hill and a sled!
As a bonus, Aaron's girlfriend (gasp!) from Kindergarten lives next door, so he was happy to see her.
Plus I brought sweetened condensed milk with me so we could make snow cream. YUM!
Later we stripped off all the wet clothes and jackets, the kids went upstairs to play together, and I got to visit with Mark and Debra for a while. We made the kids a late lunch and hot chocolate. Finally it was home for naps, and Daddy got home! What a GREAT day!
Here are ALL of the many pictures I took!
1 comment:
Pretty picture of the first house and snow. You guys had a good day! I can't wait to see Hannah in person. She is so big!
Post a Comment