Friday, February 12, 2010

So proud of my boy

So today, Aaron had the BEST SCHOOL DAY EVER. Due to the snow days we've had recently, different activities had been rescheduled for today. This morning started with Donuts with Dad, which Aaron was so pumped about! His teacher had him do a questionairre about his Dad.

My Dad's name is Chris.
My Dad's hair is reddish brown. (or not...it's light brown. Aaron's hair is reddish brown though!)
My Dad's eyes are green.
My Dad is 31 years old. (Chris said this one was funny because most kids in the room didn't know how old their Dad was and guessed things like "21" or "50".)
My Dad likes to sit with me.
At work my Dad...(I have never asked him that question before). Silly boy--he knows his Daddy is an elevator engineer!
My Dad gets mad when...(he never gets mad). Not quite true, but Daddy is definitely very even-tempered.
My Dad is happy when sleeping. Ha! So true!
My Dad's favorite food is sausage balls. Nailed that one!
My Dad's favorite TV show is footballs. Really he just knows Daddy is always watching sports, and he doesn't know the difference between them.
My Dad's favorite clothes are all of them.
My favorite thing about my Dad is I like him.

I just love that!

Then today at lunch, they were giving awards for the Art Reflections contest. Aaron had entered in two categories: visual arts (a picture), and literature (a story). Of course both were about GARBAGE TRUCKS! Gotta love someone who finds something they like and sticks with it! He got an honorable mention award for his garbage truck picture.




And he won 1st place (out of 1 entry, but he was still excited!) for his story, "One Little Garbage Truck and One Little Recycling Truck".



THEN, as if the kids hadn't had enough sugar that day, they had their Valentine's ice cream party. I got to go help, and the kids had a blast eating ice cream sundaes and doing a bunch of songs and dances for us.

Tonight we had Aaron by himself since Claire was spending the night with Jen and Beth for girl's night. After Hannah went to bed a bit early, he did some puzzles with me in a grown-up puzzle book, and we read some books. He even read a whole book on video! I'm going to post it tomorrow. I am so proud of my sweet boy! At bedtime, since Claire wasn't in there, I let him keep the lamp on and read his Early Reader's Bible Stories to himself. He called to me after a few minutes and told me I could turn the lamp on because he was done reading. LOVE that boy.

And just because these are sweet--this is Aaron a couple of weeks ago, after school, washing his lunchbox because he WANTED to. I'm going to relish that while it lasts.


(Yes, my kitchen was a mess! Probably still is!)

2 comments:

Amber said...

Wow, way to go Aaron. I love the truck picture.

I expect to see great things from this little man. He's got awesome parents to guide him through life.

Amy said...

Tell Aaron we said Congratulations!