It turns out that soccer is not all it's kicked up to be.
The first game was at noon the day after a sleepover with Alli Rae, so Claire was flat exhausted. One clumsy bump from her brother before the game even started and she was all tears and DONE with soccer. That's my little drama queen!
Aaron seemed to enjoy it over the weeks but mostly acted up, which was totally embarassing to me and Chris. Normally he is so well behaved so I don't know what came over him on the soccer field. He acted disrespectful and goofy the whole time. I think he acts goofy as a way to cover up for not knowing how to do something well. Chris had a heart-to-heart with him about it one day after the game, and he said, "I run around and act crazy because that's what kids are supposed to do. Act crazy." We said, No, No they are not, and told him to straighten up.
Hannah did okay at the games, considering they were at noon and that's usually when she takes a nap!
Needless to say I was thankful when the season was over. My kids don't seem to be athletes, but I will continue to let them try what they show an interest in. I'm wondering what each of my kids' "thing" will be...time will tell!
No comments:
Post a Comment