About 3 months ago we started a small group meeting in our home on Sunday nights. We have 3 other couples coming and we are so excited about where God is taking this! I read the book Radical: Taking Your Faith Back from the American Dream
Several different parts of the book talked about the author's church doing things for foster children in their area, so I had been mulling over how to help there. Then one day on Facebook I saw a lady had made a post on the local Chick-fil-A page asking them if they wanted to sponsor some foster children for Christmas again this year. I sent her a message asking about the opportunity, and it went from there. I mentioned the need to some other Sunday school classes and members at church, and in all we were able to sponsor 9 foster kids! We got their wish lists and gathered money and donations. I was so pumped when one church member saw the wish list and immediately ordered size 13 Nikes for one teenage boy we were sponsoring! Hot dog!!!
Some of the classes delivered their own loot, but I ended up with 5 of the kids' stuff to deliver to the DHS office. I got it all organized in my living room, and check it out!
For a 4 year old girl...
For a teenage boy...
For a teenage girl...
For an 8 year old boy...
For a 6 year old girl...
God is so good!!
No comments:
Post a Comment