Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Claire reading Green Eggs and Ham

Let me take a moment here to just gush over my middle child.  We were always so amazed by how smart Aaron is, how early he read, learned math, etc.  But Claire is learning these things even earlier!  I honestly think it's because she's watching Aaron, and she figures whatever he can do, she can do (better!). 

She is an amazing reader.  At 4 1/2, she's been reading for several months, and she's moving to level 2 books right now.  She can just fly through the level 1 books, hardly stumbling at all.  She loves to read, and the library is one of her favorite places to go.  We get literally 40 or so books at a time. 

She also loves to listen to audio books.  I have heard this helps make better readers, and I believe it.  She loves to listen to Junie B. Jones and Magic Tree House books.  She listens for literally hours almost every day.  She retreats to her room, puts on an audio book on her CD player, and plays back there for hours if we don't have any place to be.  It's quite amazing.  (We get the audio books at the library, too!)

Green Eggs and Ham is one of her favorite books, and it is one we own.  I wanted to remember her sweet reading voice so I videoed it tonight (forgetting how LONG that book is!).  At first she didn't know I was videoing, or if she did she didn't let on, but then once she knew the camera was there she was excited.  As soon as she was finished, she said, "Now I want to watch the video."  Sweet girl.  :-)

Now, if you have the patience, you can watch almost 10 minutes of Green Eggs and Ham.  It'll be about the cutest 10 minutes you'll spend today.

No comments: