Monday, February 11, 2008

I just had a conversation with my daughter...

Wow, I'm quite amazed! Claire and I just had a full-blown conversation. She is only 19 months old! She had been playing in the living room, and I was working in my bedroom. Here was our conversation:

Claire: "Hi Mommy."
Me: "Hi, baby."
Claire: (holds up kleenex) "Keee-nex"
Me: "You got a kleenex?"
Claire: "Mess."
Me: "Is there a mess? Can you show me?"
Claire: "Keen up." (wipes her nose.)
Me: "Oh, I see."
Claire: "Einteins ober." (she means her video, Little Einsteins, is over)
Me: "Your video is over?"
Claire: "Milk?"
Me: "Yes, let's go get your milk."

And then I about fell out on the floor! I mean I knew she could say all this stuff, but just the way she initiated the conversation and changed topics and all just amazed me! My baby is growing up! *sniff*

1 comment:

Woodman said...

That is too precious! I look forward to those days...but no time soon! ;)