For several nights in the last week I kept having nightmares that would wake me up in a panic and then wouldn't go away. In the mornings I would feel unrested and a bit uneasy, depending on what the dream had been about. Monday while I was washing dishes, I had the thought that maybe I should ask God to take away the dreams, so I could get better rest. It's almost like God started talking to me at that moment. In fact, to ensure I wasn't distracted, he miraculously got the kids to stop playing right under my feet and they both left the room right at that moment. So God started asking me what my dreams had been about. They were all different, but they focused on losing something that meant alot to me, usually my kids or other family. (One night I even dreamed that I accidentally left Claire at home by herself for several hours, and CPS was taking my kids away because I was a bad mother!)
God told me that my dreams were a sign of what I was putting my treasure in. This past Sunday in Sunday School, we read Job 1:21-
"The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away."
We also read Deuteronomy 8:17-18-
"You may say to yourself, 'My power and the strength of my hands have produced this wealth for me.' But remember the LORD your God, for it is he who gives you the ability to produce wealth..."
And finally, Matthew 6:21-
"For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."
God was telling me that it was HIM who has given me all I have, but I have been treasuring those things instead of treasuring Him. He reminded me that He can take away these treasures as easily as he gave them to me--this includes my material possessions and my family. This seems morbid to think about, but I think God wanted to give me some perspective.
I finally asked God to take away the dreams, and Monday night I slept peacefully! Thank you, Lord!
1 comment:
Glad you are getting better rest now! ;) Doesn't God speak to us in the coolest ways!!
I like that new design too!
Post a Comment