Monday, February 2, 2009

ABC Bible verses...A and B are done!

One of my New Year's goals was to let the kids learn Bible verses all year. We have decided to do ABC Bible verses (there is a book for this but I don't have it--we are making up our own!). We're doing a new verse every 2 weeks or so, and by the end of the year they should be all the way through the alphabet. We may be done sooner, because once they have mastered one verse, they are anxious to learn the next one.

To make it easy to learn, I make up a little tune and say the verse to that tune. Claire really loves to SCREAM the letter before she says each verse. It's fun because I can randomly say "B!" and one of them will start saying the B verse!

Our verses so far:

A: "As for me, and my house, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15
B: "Believe in the Lord Jesus and you will be saved." Acts 16:31
C: "Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right." Ephesians 6:1

They have mastered A and B, and they love to say them for the video camera.

Here's Aaron, with some bed-head going on!

And Claire, who can't stand still and always gets really high-pitched for the B verse.

I'll post more videos as they learn more verses! I just love the fact that they are hiding God's Word in their hearts.

4 comments:

The Roberts Family said...

it almost sounded like she was gonna "rap" it there for a second!! too cute

Amber said...

Wow, that's pretty amazing. I love your ideas!

Lori said...

Those videos are adorable! Very impressive what children can learn at such early ages!! Too cute!

Amy said...

Claire made me laugh out loud with her screaming the letters and getting so quiet on the B verse.