Yesterday we had lunch with a sweet friend whose little daughter is only a month older than Claire. Claire and Emma Kate are such sweet little friends...and they had a great time eating and playing together at Chick-fil-A. When it was time to go, however, Claire had an absolute meltdown. First it was the half of an ice cream cone she had left at the table 20 minutes earlier that was no longer there. (I won't mention where it went. ;-) Then it was the fact she didn't want to leave. Then it was the fact that I was getting on to her for screaming and yelling and crying about the whole situation. Needless to say I was embarassed and so ready to get out of that restaurant!
When we got home, Claire went straight down for her nap. She woke up just over two hours later looking like this.
I think she had a nice long nap, don't you?
And yet the whining continued. Her chair was stuck and she couldn't scoot it where she wanted it. The game she was playing broke. Her brother sat in the chair that 2 minutes earlier she told me she did NOT want to sit in. I could go on and on.
And to think, more estrogen, coming this May!
3 comments:
Are you sure you were talking about Claire and not Kate. You described my day perfectly except for the nap. Kate REFUSES to nap. Hopefully this phase is over soon.
Sarah (mexcitymom!)
i hate to say it...but....it doesn't get better when they turn 3!!!! all i can say is preschool!!!
HA! Hang in there girl....you are doing a FINE job!!! :)
Post a Comment