Monday, February 9, 2009

Chronicles of a sick house

We've been a sick house for the last couple of weeks!

It started when Claire was a little congested for a week or so, but no biggie. Then on that Saturday, she wasn't herself at all and started *screaming* that her ear hurt when she woke up from nap! She has never said that something specifically hurt like that so I was just sure she had an ear infection. I rushed her to the new pediatric urgent care close to our house, and they were great. They flushed out her ears, and got two huge pieces of compacted wax out of her ears. It was so sad to sit and hold her hands while she cried and cried, asking "Are they done yet Mommy?" through tears. She felt better when they were done, but she had a raging infection in both ears so she got some antibiotics.

The next day I stayed home from church with Claire, and I felt horrible! I had been fighting a cough all week but all the congestion really seemed to hit me hard that morning. I just laid on the couch and had a hard time staying awake while Claire watched TV all morning long.

That night was the super bowl, so Chris went to a party without us. I was sad to miss the party food but enjoyed the quiet evening after the kids were in bed. Plus I turned on the TV just in time for the last 3 minutes of the game, which were probably the most exciting anyway! And, Chris brought me home a plate of leftovers. :-)

All last week Claire was fine, but Aaron and I both had all the congestion. We still went about our normal activities...neither of us have had a fever or anything...just the typical runny nose that everyone gets this time of year.

Then on Friday I started feeling bad again and my ear started hurting. My left ear completely clogged up and it feels like I have a bucket over my head. I knew I had an ear infection but hoped it would just go away (yeah, that's logical). I finally broke down and went to the doctor this morning for antibiotics. Of course I'm pregnant which means I have to take plain ol' Amoxicillan...3 horse pills a day for over a week! It better work! They offered me the sinus cocktail shot, saying some pregnant women get it, but if I'm not hurting maybe I should try something a little less risky.

Aaron still hasn't seen a doctor, and I'm starting to wonder if I should take him. His nose is still snotty, and he never complains when he has an ear infection.

When does spring start??

No comments: