Saturday, June 27, 2009

Hannah is one month old!

I can hardly believe Hannah is already one month old. How are we doing?

Well, I think I am finally recovered from the c-section. At 3 weeks I was still hurting a good bit and almost went to see the doctor to make sure everything was okay. I ended up getting a little cold (imagine! I got sick!) so I put off the doctor visit a couple of days and lo and behold got to feeling better (my incision and my cold). I still have twinges of pain but nothing big.

I am so thankful to be feeling a little more normal, being able to do things around the house, and even get out with the kids. I have even done some errands with all three kids--we bought shoes for Claire one day, went to Walmart another day, and ran errands with Chris's grandmother another day, plus probably a few other things I can't think of right now. The key for me is to only attempt one stop with all three kids, and don't expect them to move quickly. We just have to take our time and do things as if we have nowhere else to be. Small errands completed with no yelling are a huge victory for me!

Most days we stay home, because it's just easier! Hannah nurses every 2 or 3 hours during the day (and during the night too...can't wait until that gets better!). She poops just as often, so we change alot of diapers. The days can be a blur at times.

The first three weeks Hannah was pretty laid back, but a couple of weeks ago she started getting congested (she caught my little cold), and if that didn't make her miserable enough, she got an ear infection after a few days. An ear infection at 3 1/2 weeks old!! My poor baby is on antibiotics now, and if there was any shred of doubt, we now know for sure she is a member of the family! Ear infections galore in our household. (Claire actually got one when Hannah was just four days old! Ugh.)

Hannah has been pretty fussy the last week or so and I'm not sure if it's just gas or still her ear or fighting sleep, or maybe even acid reflux. I'm trying not to overreact to a fussy baby, because some of it is normal, so I'm just watching her at this point. She really likes to be held, and putting her down is becoming a problem. Thank goodness for the swing--she will stay in that when she's sleepy. I really enjoy holding her--she is so cuddly and smells so good--but sometimes I just need to get things done!

Okay, on to some pictures! She has so many faces!


She finally got to take a real bath, and she doesn't really like it yet. She will soon!


She still doesn't smile at us, but sometimes smiles in her sleep.






Aaron and Claire love her so much. One day I laid her on my bedroom floor for a minute (a sure way to get A & C to swarm around her!) and they brought her toys, and were asking if she liked the truck or the baby doll best.




This picture just makes me laugh! The funniest part was right after I took it, the flash scared her and her arms flew up in the air!


Lovin' my sweet Hannah Rose!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Nicole! Congratulations on the birth of Hannah Rose! She is so sweet. I can't believe Aaron and Claire have grown so much. I am glad you are doing well after Hannah's birth. I enjoy reading your blog; makes it seem as if we live closer to one another! Crissie

Amber said...

What a beauty!