Right now the kids are quite obsessed with two songs on a CD I found. It's from a set they got a while back, called Songtime Kids. The CD has Bible songs on it, and their favorites are "Funny Names" and "Giddy-up Gideon". (Track numbers 15 and 12 on the CD...I wish I could somehow put it on repeat on those 2 songs to save myself some effort!)
When I first put the CD in, Claire was by herself in the van with me, and after a little while she asked to hear the bunny song again. I couldn't figure out which song would have been the bunny song, until I realized she thought it was saying "Bunny Names". Ha!
The Funny Names song is about how there are so many funny names in the Bible, and in the song the soloist messes up a couple of the names. The kids crack up laughing every.single.time! Especially funny is "Belly? Belly-Easy-Bub?" (which they actually think is "bug") instead of "Beelzebub". I really think Aaron has learned alot of the hard names in that song because we play it over.and.over.and.over.
The other song they like is "Giddy-Up Gideon". It's got horse sounds and a nice clompety-clomp beat. It cracks me up to see Claire in her car seat just bobbing along with the beat (she actually has some rhythm which Aaron doesn't seem to possess). The song says, "Giddy-up, giddy-up, giddy-up Gideon, You gotta get up and go face Midian. Giddy-up Gideon, don't you be afraid, God's gonna use you mightily today!"
I had to laugh when I realized Aaron thought it said, "You gotta get up and go praise Midian." Wow, he totally missed the point there! He also cannot seem to say the word "mightily". I can't even type what he thinks it says...because I can't figure out what word he's saying. Something like "morterly"...but not quite. It's so funny to hear what they think they hear!!
I should really get video of them singing these songs, shouldn't I?
**Note--If you visited Amazon to hear the song, the clips of the songs are wrong...none of those clips are playing the songs on that CD! Weird... I found a better link for clips of the songs.... http://www.rhapsody.com/songtime-kids/all-new-bible-songs--2003 ***
No comments:
Post a Comment