I can hardly believe Hannah is already 5 months old. That's only one month from being half-a-year old. In another 5 months, she'll be crawling, talking, eating solid food...make the growing stop!! She's about to start eating food, sitting on her own, crawling...all things that I'm just going to pretend aren't really happening. I want to keep her little! (If I could get more sleep...)
She is growing and changing so much. She rolls belly to back all the time. Most of the time when I get her up from naps she is on her back kicking her feet around in the air. In this picture I tried to capture a cute belly shot, but she rolled before I could snap it...
She loves to chew on our fingers. The kids think this is just hilarious. She is getting more skilled with using her hands. She can pick up little toys and bring them to her mouth, and is learning how to put her own paci in her mouth. We're about to have to get more vigilent about the big kids' little toys that seem to always be all over the house.
She loves to stick her tongue out. I'm not sure if that's a milestone or what but she does it all the time.
I did let her taste a banana one day...I was eating one while she sat on my hip (another milestone...she's getting to be a hip baby now!) and she kept watching me bring it to my mouth, so I let her taste a little bit. She really liked it and kept diving for more. The next day I let her sit in her Bumbo seat and try it more...
So I guess in a couple of weeks I'll start the traditional regimine of rice cereal and then start adding new foods every week or so. Hopefully she'll be an eager eater.
She's on a pretty decent, predictable schedule. She naps about 3 times a day, and nurses every 3-4 hours during the day. Nights are touch-and-go. Lately she's been grumpy with a little cold, so it's hard to say how well she's sleeping. Some nights she's up several times and some nights she sleeps longer. I just keep remembering that one day she'll sleep 12 solid hours (if she's anything like my other two) and I will barely remember these sleep deprived days!
1 comment:
She's getting so big. She's too precious! :)
Post a Comment