Friday, November 13, 2009

The spelling phase

I vividly remember my younger brother going through a phase where he spelled words instead of saying them. Well, Aaron has entered that phase. He spells so many words it makes me laugh. Of course he knows "N-O" and "Y-E-S" and all the color words, and some words he sounds out to spell instead of saying them.

And of course, guess who follows suit? His adoring 3-year-old sister. She really does think she's as smart as a five-year-old.

Yesterday I was nursing Hannah in her bedroom with the door closed, trying to keep it quiet so she could go to sleep. I heard the kids playing, and then a bang and Claire started crying and yelling. I could hear her running to the back of the house, yelling, "NO! You're NOT sorry Aaron!" He said, "Y-E-S, I am, Claire, I'm sorry!" and Claire screamed, "N-O you're NOT sorry!" Then they got into a "Y-E-S" and "N-O" yelling match.

If not for all the yelling, it would have been a moment to make a mama proud. (They really do love each other!)

No comments: