Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Hannah's latest milestones

Hannah is growing so much. She has changed so much!

She is officially a hip baby...she loves for me to carry her around just slung over on my hip. My favorite onesie is one Claire had that has a stick mom wearing sunglasses and carrying a cute purse, holding a baby on her hip. The shirt says "My Mom's Hip". Love it! And now Hannah fits into it! (I love all of those shirt designs...I want to get Claire one that says "Drama Queen"!)

About a week and a half ago I let Hannah try rice cereal for the first time. We started with it really runny and she liked it, and gradually I've been making it thicker so it's easier for her to eat.

The first bite...


She wasn't so sure at first, but once she really liked it I let the kids have a turn feeding her.


Look how she reached for it!




Now she is moving on to sweet potatoes, which she seems to really like. She tried applesauce once last week and liked it, too. Here's hoping she continues to be an eager eater!

She also is learning to sit up by herself. I'm so proud! I tried to capture some pictures of this a couple of days ago when Claire and I were playing in her room.

This first one cracks me up--Hannah had started falling over just as I snapped the picture. Don't worry--I caught her!



The next time she fell Claire caught her.


Then I realized that sitting in a wet diaper makes it a bit hard to balance, so we changed her diaper and tried again.

Claire loves to hold her.


Claire scooted back (and started sucking her thumb!) so Hannah could sit up by herself.


Here she is playing the Dora game with Claire.


This one is blurry but I love her facial expression!




1 comment:

Amber said...

What a cutie pie and growing so quickly!