We always love attending the fall festival at church. They have trunk-or-treat, bounce houses, a train, and more. Mostly I just love visiting with people. I used to love to get my little cousin to take before we had kids so I had an excuse to go.
Here are the kids in their full costumes. Aaron is a fireman in a fire truck, and Claire is a princess riding a unicorn.
They like to do sideways pictures to mess up my photo ops.
Claire lost the unicorn pretty quickly as it tripped her up just after this picture. Luckily Mammaw had a Dora band-aid in her purse.
The firetruck was a last minute labor of love. I had known for a full year that Aaron wanted to be a firetruck, after the roaring success of his garbage truck costume last year. Of course I waited until the day of the fall festival to throw it together, but it came out quite nicely! It's two cardboard boxes held together with box rivets, then spray painted and accessorized. It took most of my Saturday to make, but we had a good time doing it.
Aaron kept requesting all kinds of accessories for the truck. This is his water hose, which is rolled up construction paper covered in aluminum foil.
We velcroed some fireman accessories he had bought at Dollar Tree to the sides and back...
There were actually two other firetrucks at the fall festival! What are the chances of that?
Claire is a choosy trick-or-treater.
Isn't my princess pretty?
Hannah happily hung out in her stroller. I never actually got her costume on that day...I had too much other stuff going on.
There was a DORA bounce house!!
Claire and her best friend, the spider!
(Check out Claire's braids...those are her first french braids!)
Mammaw came to the festival for a little while to see the kids...
What a fun day! Here are all the pictures...
1 comment:
The firetruck turned out so cute! Nothing like pressure to put those wheels turning!!! Great shots of all your fun. I'm exhausted from just reading it!! ;-)Cute pics of Hannah! Can't believe she's already five months old. Where does the time go!?!?
Post a Comment