I was excited to get to go to Aaron's art show at school, to see all the art work on display.
That is Aaron's class board. Aaron's drawing is that red and blue structure on the right. That's the Washington monument! Ms. Joanne teaches them how to look at a picture and draw it themselves. You can see a few different renditions of the monument on the board.
Chris was out of town so I had to tote all three kids. Hannah is outgrowing that carrier and my shoulders were killing me by the time we were done!
Aaron, with Ms. Joanne.
He really likes her and you can see how proud he is. What makes me sad is that with the education cuts the government is making, there is a good possiblity that the art and P.E. programs will be CUT next year. I am writing my congressman about that! Having this art class has given Aaron a confidence he didn't have before. Before this year, he didn't color anything at all. He only drew garbage trucks! He still doesn't particularly like coloring, but you can see how much he likes art class by how well he did on his drawing! I think that is a vital part of education. Hopefully these programs will continue!
No comments:
Post a Comment