Hannah is now officially 11 months old, which means she is only days away from her 1st birthday. The kids are very excited about her having a birthday! Aaron even wants to invite some of his friends over for it!!
Hannah is definitely mobile now...she gets across a room quickly, but she is still not doing a traditional crawl. It's more of a push-up, then she pushes herself forward, then does it again. She's going to have some awesome upper body strength. She does push-ups all day!
She can also get herself into a sitting position on her own. She started doing this a couple of weekends ago, and the day she finally mastered it, she kept sitting up in her bed at naptime and throwing pacis out of her crib, instead of sleeping. It was really funny!
Hannah likes:
1. Eating paper. Ugh--I wish she would stop doing this. She is constantly on the prowl for some paper she can eat. I have to watch her like a hawk.
2. Baths! She takes a bath with her sissy now, and she loves to splash and play with her. She loves when I lay her on her back in the water, and she kicks her legs and laughs. She looks like a little frog! Bath time is one baby sign she does consistently. She even says a word that sounds something like "bathtime".
3. Being carried around. And it's killing my back!
4. Bananas. Really she likes most fruits, but bananas are one of her favorites. I just cut them into pieces and she feeds herself.
5. Cheese toast. And ice cream. Not necessarily together.
6. Giving hugs and kisses. She gives the sweetest kisses now and makes a little "awww" sound when she does it.
7. Getting her pacis at naptime and bedtime.
8. Seeing her brother and sister when she first wakes up.
9. Nursing.
10. Babbling really really loudly. Ms. Joyce, one of the nursery workers at church, said Hannah is their loud one. I think she gets that from her big brother and sister. They say everything at high volume!
11. Cheerios. They're a life saver when I have a fussy baby!
12. Sleeping! She knows the routine, and when we walk into her room, she dives for the bed, gets her paci and goes to sleep. She takes long naps, usually 9-11 am and then 1 - 3 pm, if we're home and I don't have to wake her for something. On Sundays, when she doesn't get her morning nap in the nursery, she'll sleep from 12-3 pm or later!
13. Wearing sunglasses. Seriously. She loves to get mine off of my head, and thinks it's so funny when I put them on her. So I finally bought her a pair of her own, and she likes to wear them. She's a little diva already!
14. As you can see, she also loves to swing. We got a new playset in the backyard so she's getting more swinging time in, and she loves it!
Hannah doesn't like:
1. Green vegetables. She blows raspberries at us when we try to feed them to her. I'm going to keep trying though!
2. Getting "head hugs" from Aaron or Claire.
3. Being left on the floor when everyone goes to another room.
4. Seeing us eat something she can't have. Especially ice cream.
5. Having paper taken away from her. Or having her mouth swiped for whatever illegal item got in there.
6. Having to wait for her dinner. Once she's in her high chair, she expects the food to start entering her mouth immediately! This is where Cheerios are handy!
7. When she's not getting any attention. She likes to be entertained!
8. Being sleepy. When she is sleepy, she is cranky. She wants to get in her bed and go to sleep!
9. Not being held by Mommy when Mommy is in the room.
10. Mommy leaving. She gets over it quickly though. One day when Mammaw was babysitting, she told Hannah, "Mommy's home!" when she heard the garage open. Hannah watched the door and fussed until I walked in!
I can't believe my next official Hannah update will be a 1 year update! One year? Where has the time gone?
1 comment:
I just asked myself the same question you asked - "Where has the year gone?" I can't believe that she will be 1 soon.
Post a Comment