Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Hannah at 10 months

Hannah is getting so big! She is changing so much--I just read her 9 month update to refresh my memory and I can't believe how much has changed in just one month!

She now has two teeth that are very visible on the bottom. She chews on her fingers alot but I don't feel anymore popping through yet.

She is crawling! It's more of an army crawl, but she can definitely get to something that she wants to grab. Mostly paper, because she really likes to crinkle and eat paper. We had a big scare one night where she choked on some paper she had gotten into, and it scared me to death! We gotta get this house baby proof!

We have entered the separation anxiety stage. She really likes to be held, I think partly because she fears when I put her down that I will walk away. (This is usually the case since I put her down so I can actually get something else done...) She cries and cries and cries and does not let up until the second I pick her up, when she promptly sucks in her cry and is content. It's CRAZY and it drives me CRAZY but I love that girl so much! She has also been a little sick (another ear infection!!) so I've been cutting her a little slack and trying to hold her as much as I can.

She babbles ALOT now. She is always talking about something, making all kinds of different sounds. She says "mama", "dada", "uh-oh" (her new favorite word!), and even "eh-eh" (that weird sound I make when I'm getting on to her..."eh eh eh"). She'll grab paper and say "eh eh"! I guess this is the precursor to the era of "no". She makes sounds that I think are supposed to mean "all done" and "bathtime", but only Mommy understands when she says those things.

I've been showing her some signs for a while now, but now that she is getting more communicative, I'm being alot more intentional about it. We're working on milk, more, bath, eat, drink, banana, all done, and some others I'm probably forgetting. I think she may be trying to do "more" but she may just be clapping...we'll see! It's fun to watch her eyes as she watches what we do and takes it all in. She definitely knows what the signs mean!

She is getting more independent about eating. I have noticed that she blows raspberries when I feed her certain baby foods (especially green food), and she would much rather feed herself. This means she eats lots of bananas, Cheerios, and cheese toast! She has learned to eat cookies and she loves when we share ice cream with her. She still loves to nurse but has learned to drink from a sippy cup! (The soft spout kind, but still a sippy cup!)

She shows a little sass from time to time, blowing a raspberry at me when I tell her no, or pushing one of the big kids out of her face. I thought that started later, but I guess not!

And on to the pictures!

She likes to stand up, but she's not standing alone. This one day she did though, and I tried to catch a picture of it!


A rare picture of me with my baby girl!


At the farm for a day of fun!


She loves playing in the plastics cabinet.


And she can throw a royal fit if she doesn't get her way.


A trip to the Botanic Gardens yielded lots of photo ops.






And this is what we look like on a typical outing...

No comments: