Monday, April 12, 2010

Why we love spring break!

I never blogged about our fabulous spring break! This is the first year since I was in school that spring break has had any meaning for us. I took full advantage of having all my kids at home and having no commitments.

Saturday: We attempted the Children's Museum with Chris, but there were cars everywhere and a line around the building, so we ate our picnic lunch at the nearby mall instead, then went to a bookstore to play at the train table. So much fun! (We found out later that Dora and Diego were at the Children's Museum that day...so glad we missed that chaos!)

Monday: Children's Museum and Panera Bread for a late lunch.

Tuesday: Zoo with friends...Angie, Augie, and Alexandria, and Christy and Maylee. We got to see the new Teton Trek exhibit which was really amazing. I loved the grizzly bears--they were so active and fun to watch!
















Wednesday: We stayed in our jammies all day and just enjoyed being at home.

Thursday: We travelled south to visit my dad. We made a pit-stop along the way to meet my friend Kassi. She works at a healthplex and we joined her for lunch and then swimming at the indoor pool.








It was Hannah's first time swimming and she loved it! That was a great way to split our road trip in half...we finished the day by driving all the way to Poppy's in time for dinner. Poppy had gotten my nephews from their mom, so we could play with them for a couple of days. Unfortunately my brother was working so I was in charge of six kids for two days! Not much of a "vacation" but we enjoyed seeing cousins!

Ethan and Gabe


Blackmail pictures of Ethan playing dolls with Claire.


Gabe getting into things!


Crazy Poppy, with the Father's Day shirt we made him several years ago. He's expecting a new one this year.


Singing to sweet Hannah.


Bedtime! Yeah right!




They did finally sleep and Poppy made a yummy breakfast of "hoe cakes" for us. It's basically pancake batter cooked like cornbread in an iron skillet. Yum!


Friday: We spent the morning garage saling with Poppy, then went to various parks around town, and played at the house.

Saturday: We got up early and left Poppy's house, headed for Starkville! For Chris's birthday he had bought us tickets to the MSU vs. North Carolina NIT game. He had been hunting with friends while we "vacationed", so he met us in Starkville for the game.

I forgot to take my camera in the coliseum, but we had a great time. I just enjoy being at our old stomping grounds, even if it is only for a brief couple of hours.


Sunday we crashed and Monday it was back to school and routine! I think it took a good two weeks for my house to recover!

No comments: