Chris lined up several friends and a large trailer and spent several hours one Saturday getting it moved. They didn't even take it apart very much--the main two-story section was separated from the tunnel/swing set, and the rock wall, slide, and ladders were removed. It was quite comical watching the guys move that huge two-story structure into our backyard. I wish I had taken pictures. It was too large to go through our gate, so they actually knocked out a section of our fence and tramped through my flower bed (filled with weeds right now, but my daylilies did take a beating) to get it in the backyard.
Isn't it great? So many playtime possibilities, and I am looking forward to locking the kids out of the house this summer and knowing they will not--or should not--get bored! (I'm only half-kidding...) The last couple of weeks our afternoons have been mostly spent in the backyard, and I love hearing the games they come up with, like animal rescuer and police and robbers.
Once we had enjoyed the playset for a couple of weeks, and Chris did some work to get it anchored down, we invited all his helpers and their families over for dinner.
Love this one of my sweet boy!
Some of the sand was still in the sandbox at the end of the evening!
Claire just loves her swings!
The grown-ups had a great time as well.
Chris cooked up some great burgers and dogs. No, he didn't burn them, despite what this picture seems to indicate.
Hannah really enjoyed her dinner! Strawberries, grapes, and goldfish crackers!
The kids played and played until it was dark and they could barely see. Near the end of the evening the came up with a game called "train" or something like that, but I thought it was so cute seeing them all lined up on the playset.
These are the four 5-year-old (soon to be 6!) cousins!
We're looking forward to a summer of fun!
1 comment:
Looks like a fun gathering!
Post a Comment