In the last month, she has learned how to do the traditional hands-and-knees crawl, and she pulls up on furniture all the time. She still hasn't taken any steps and I don't look for her to do that any time soon. She has figured out that standing up can get her into many different things, like the shoe baskets and magazine rack. One of her favorite things to get into is the diaper bag. She loves anything she can empty out, like boxes of cereal bars or entire cabinets of dishes. I gave her an old purse with a bunch of random items in it, but she doesn't like it as much as the actual forbidden items. She is not easily fooled.
Her birthday was on a Wednesday, so I invited our family over for dinner that night. I also invited Lilli and her family, because I wanted one of her friends to come! I had a busy week with Aaron's end-of-year activities, so our favorite babysitter Carolina came over Wednesday afternoon to help me clean the house and finish the cake!
Hannah's cake was not a traditional first birthday "kiddie" design. With her elegant name, I wanted her to have an elegant cake, in her signature colors of pink and brown.
It's a banana cake (Hannah's favorite!) with chocolate buttercream and cream cheese buttercream on the inside, topped with pink marshmallow fondant and decorated with chocolate fudge icing. It was remarkably good!
When guests started to arrive it was still muddy in the backyard from afternoon rains, so we had to have the party inside. It got a bit crazy with all the kids running around, but we managed!
Sweet Lilli!
Here's Aaron conducting the crowd in singing "Happy Birthday".
It didn't take Hannah long to flip her cake over and start digging the cake out of the fondant shell.
She was sucking her fingers clean!
"I can't believe they are letting me do this."
Soon she picked it up and gnawed on the fondant.
And this picture says it all...
After a quick bath and change of clothes, it was time for presents. That bag is almost bigger than her!
I got Hannah baby food for her birthday...she has so many toys (hand-me-down) and most of them are never played with, so I didn't really want to add to the clutter here.
Look at all her "assistants".
Hannah with my Uncle Ed.
And with Granny and Brooke.
We love you sweet Hannah Rose! Happy First Birthday!
1 comment:
You did such a great job on the cake! :) I can't believe that Hannah is one already. Please tell me that Garrett's first year will not go by that fast. :)
Post a Comment