She is walking everywhere. It seems like it happened overnight. We really had to bribe her to take a step or two at first, and then during the last week of August she started walking across the room unprompted. She is so proud of being able to walk and seems to prefer it to crawling now.
She has the cutest smile! She has 8 teeth, and they've been there for a while. I guess before long she'll start getting more, but I haven't seen any signs of them.
She eats like a horse! Some days she eats more than Aaron and Claire. She eats like a big kid now--pizza, chicken nuggets, mac and cheese, cheese slices, smoothies, bread, oatmeal, yogurt, crackers, Nilla wafers, and even hummus are some of her favorites. She'll eat most things, except green vegetables. But we're still trying!
Who would think that one piece of chocolate chip cookie would be so messy??
She has a big sister and brother who love her so much. She is so sweet to them, even when they aggravate her. She gives them unsolicited hugs and kisses. When Claire is whiny or crying-which is alot!-she will go to her and kiss her cheek or lay her head on Claire. So very sweet!
She is so aware of what is going on. She seems to understand everything! She even likes to help with chores! Putting away silverware with Aaron or Claire, or handing me laundry to fold, or closing the dishwasher or dryer...she just likes to be involved. She understands basic commands like "Take the remote to Daddy" or "Bring Mommy the phone" or "Go give Aaron a kiss" or "Go get a book for Mommy" or "Go play in your house". It is so cute to see her follow through with what we told her. I'm treasuring this time when she is obedient without questioning! I know it will end soon enough!
She is into everything! Drawers, toilets, cabinets, purses, backpacks, bookshelves... I'm sure she thinks "No no" is my favorite word.
She LOVES books. That is one of her favorite words! She is fond of Goodnight Moon
I just love this age, when they learn so much every day and can communicate it back to you. I don't want her to get any bigger!! But I know every age coming up has it's treasured moments. I'm just treasuring every day with my sweet Hannah Rose.
No comments:
Post a Comment