Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Mother-Daughter "Trip"

Last Friday I realized Claire was in desperate need of a fun day...a day not filled with Mommy trying to get things done around the house or running errands while Claire just tagged along.  Conveniently, Mammaw called that morning fishing for a babysitting opportunity (she didn't want to sit at her house all day!), so I let her stay with Hannah while Claire and I went out.  I told Claire it was a "date", but she told me there had to be a girl and a boy to have a date, so she decided to call it a "trip". 

We went to the nearby pedestrian mall, and our first stop was in the bookstore.  We looked for Dora books and read a few, then she played on the train table for a few minutes, then she found a book of paper doll princesses that we bought.  She was so excited!

Next was a picnic on the grassy area by the fountains.  I had packed PB&J, cheetos, and peaches for us to munch on.  Claire loved watching the fountains so we took some pictures first.










Then it was lunch time! I just love this picture of my sweet girl.


And I love this one because of her silly smile.


We attempted a mother-daughter shot!




Next was dessert...ice cream or cookies? ICE CREAM!


Claire got strawberry, and I got some sort of coconut-chocolate-butterscotch-graham cracker concoction that tasted just like a Mounds candy bar. YUMMO!






Next I took her to...where else? CLAIRE'S! Claire's used to be one of my favorite stores in the mall when I was growing up, and I had never taken my Claire in there before. I knew she would love it, and she did! She couldn't get enough of all the necklaces, bracelets, lip gloss, purses, hair accessories, sunglasses, etc... We didn't buy anything, but I got lots of great gift ideas!


She was so anxious to get out her paper dolls, so we went back to the bookstore and found a table to sit down at and put together some dolls.


It was a very refreshing morning with my girl.  I am so thankful to be her Mommy and have this time with her at home, and out-and-about!

1 comment:

Amber said...

What a great day! Beautiful girls!