Thursday, September 16, 2010

Wedding Dress-up

Last week Chris and I celebrated 9 years of wedding bliss!  I love my sweet hubby so much! 

After Chris left that morning with Aaron, I got out my wedding album to look at with Claire.  She thinks I look beautiful in my wedding pictures, like a princess!

"Do you still have that dress?" Claire asked.

"Yes, I do," I replied.

"Where is it?" she asked.

"In my closet," I told her.

Her eyes lit up.  "Can I see it??" she asked, excitedly.

Since Hannah wasn't up for the day yet, I decided to go ahead and get it out for her, and me, to see.  First, I put it on, and she took my picture.  I can't believe I even let her take my picture--I had not been out of bed long, no shower, no makeup...I had not even brushed my hair or teeth!  But, I'm a sucker for capturing the moment, so I let her snap away.


I really should have closed my closet door.


Claire was funny about making me wear the "top" (the veil). She liked that part. 

And yes, my dress still fits.  The a-line is very forgiving of my belly pudge.  Yay!

Then, we let her try it on. She thought I was crazy when I suggested it, but she tried anyway.



She told me she might wear it one day in her wedding. I have no expectation that she will want to, as by then it will be outdated and ugly, but I'm glad she thinks it's beautiful now!

Happy 9th Anniversary Chris!

1 comment:

Amber said...

It's a classicly beautiful dress so I bet she loves it when it's her time.