On the first day he had homework, all he had was a blank sheet of writing paper and the homework sheet said, "Rainbow spelling". I was flipping through all the papers trying desperately to understand what he was supposed to do, and he rolled his eyes and said, "Mooo--oom! I know what to do!" I kept questioning because it seemed odd to me that he was supposed to write his spelling words and trace them 4 times with 4 different colored crayons. Chris told me to back off because he obviously knew what he was supposed to do, but it was hard for mama to let go!
He spells alot of things phoenetically now and that makes reviewing his school work quite entertaining. Some of my favorites recently:
asasreses: accessories
shak: shark
popcicl: popsicle
ettn: eaten
I love how he's not afraid to try to spell anything! Check out this sheet he did:

Fast things: "Truck with 3 Jet ejins" (that would be "engines")
Body parts: "Bons" (that would be "bones")
Cold things: "popcicl"
Flowers: "tulup"
Things in the bedroom: "nitlite"
Fruit: "plmb" (plum)
Trees: "Acorn"--That one really made me laugh!
A few weeks ago when it was "Shark Week" on the Discovery channel, Aaron watched a few shows about deadly sharks. He was captivated, and their unit at school the last two weeks has been about the ocean. So he's been writing lots of stuff about "dedlee shaks". Here is one story he wrote:

Translation:
Oh no! The fish is too close to the shark! "Better not get eaten fish! That shark is deadly!" Uh oh now the fish is to close to the shark's mouth! "Fish go away from the shark's mouth!"
I'm loving first grade!
No comments:
Post a Comment