Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Only 12 years left...

Last week was a flurry of excitement with Hannah's birthday, but it was also Aaron's last days of Kindergarten, and there were so many different celebrations and activities. I can't believe his first year of big school is over. Only 12 years left...

I was at the school for different things on the last several days of school. He had such a great year--I could not be more thankful for his wonderful, energetic and yet laid-back teacher, Mrs. Anderson. Aaron really thrived in her classroom, and he even wishes he could go back to her class for first grade!

This is Ms. Dodi (the assistant teacher), Aaron, and Mrs. Anderson, just minutes before he left her classroom on the last day.


Field day was fun. He loved when I came to the school for things.








My favorite part of being with his class is seeing how he interacts with all his classmates. He didn't make any really close friends during the year, except one girl Maddie, who he has a crush on, but she doesn't really pay much attention to him. Aaron's more of a loner, but sometimes I would see him talking with some of the other kids.

Or they were talking to him. He doesn't do much talking.




One of the funniest things at field day was this impromptu game of duck-duck-goose that broke out while we were waiting to play another game. Aaron of course "goosed" Maddie, and then made her chase him all around the playground!



On his last day there was an awards ceremony in the classroom, which I didn't get any pictures of, but I do have to share that I got the "Best Room Mom" award! I was very surprised, seeing how I didn't even sign up for room mom at the beginning of the year, because 3 other moms had signed up and I just didn't think I had time with a new baby and all. They were sorta doing the room mom things, and by about November, I was jumping in and helping with so much, I guess Mrs. Anderson counted me as a room mom too. I loved to go to lunch with the class, and especially to go read to his class after lunch. All the kids knew me and would wave and talk to me when they saw me as I waited to pick up Aaron most days. I learned all of their names and little nuances about them. I went on all the fields trips and only missed one party all year. It was so much fun and I was honored to get the award!

At the end of the last day, there was a luau in the classroom, and I took the girls to visit and say goodbye to everyone.



I let Aaron go around with my little camera taking pictures of his friends. He naturally went to take a picture of Maddie first. She told him no, but then when her best friend Trinity wanted her picture taken, Maddie jumped right in.


Ethan...


Katie...she's very tall for her age!


Hannah...this was her actual birthday. She got to go to Kindergarten on her first birthday!


Jamal...


Aaron and Maddie!


Kailin...


Azariah and Madison...


Kayla...


Mrs. Anderson enjoyed holding the birthday girl during the party. :-)


I rarely took Hannah to school with me because she was a distraction to the kids, who always came up to talk to her and tell me how cute she is. It didn't matter on the last day though! Hannah loved the attention.


Pinata time!


Aaron took another picture of Maddie.


We'll miss Kindergarten, but we're looking forward to first grade!

No comments: