She has such a sweet spirit. She is a very devoted friend. For two years now, her best friends have been Allie Rae, Emma Kate and Maylee. She hardly ever sees Maylee any more (they don't go to school or church with us, and life is just busy!), but she still connects with her like no time even passed when they do get together. She is constantly wanting to make cards for her best friends, and she has almost learned to spell their names with no help. She loves to GIVE. She bought silly bandz with her own money, and gave over half of them away, without a second thought. She willingly gives Aaron some of her money when he wants to buy something (so I really have to watch because Aaron will try to swindle her out of her money!)
Claire can also be a handful. She is VERY dramatic. She is whiny. She is moody. The slightest thing can set her off and she will just cry and wail about it. Some days I just want to ship her off to some place far away because she can be so demanding. She rolls her eyes at me and tends to get an attitude when I tell her to do things. Where do they learn these things???
She is SUCH a middle child. She never wants to be alone, she wants to walk in the middle (between two people) when we walk, and she always wants someone to do things with her. Very much opposite of Aaron who is such a loner and plays so well by himself. She loves to have her picture taken, and even has a special "picture smile" she likes to do when the camera is pointed at her.
Claire is very girly and loves beautiful things. Recently I found a small jewelry box full of old, random items, and I gave her several of the beaded bracelets and a couple of necklaces. She came back to me and said, "Mommy, I want more beautiful stuff from your closet." She loves her long hair (which is driving me crazy in this heat, but she thinks it's beautiful). She loves princess things and being beautiful. She wants to wear her nicest dresses and shoes even when we're not going anywhere or just playing outside.
Just today she was sitting on my bed, while I worked on the computer. She was snuggled up with her baby doll Marianna, reading her a Bible story. She is so cute when she makes her dolls talk to her (I think she doesn't realize I'm listening). Here is how the conversation went: (use a high squeaky voice for the doll)
Claire: Marianna, it's time for your nap. You NEED to go to sleep.
Doll: But I'm not tired.
Claire: Go to sleep. I'm not going to read to you until you're asleep. (long pause)
Doll: I'm asleep!
Claire: Stop talking when you're supposed to be sleeping!
A little while later...Claire had been quiet for a while, flipping through pages in the Bible.
Doll: Mommy, what's taking so long?
Claire: I'm trying to find page 7.
She cracks me up! She is so funny. I love my sweet Claire Bear!
No comments:
Post a Comment