Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Swimming lessons

The week Chris was gone to Nicaragua, the kids had swimming lessons! I scheduled their lessons so Claire was in a class with Connor, and Aaron was in a class with Sydney, so I could coordinate drop-off/pick-up with my friend Stacy. After the first day, Mrs. Melissa said Aaron wasn't quite ready for the level 2 class, so he went back to the beginner class with Claire and Connor. Last summer he just didn't get to practice swimming very much because I had just had Hannah and we had no place to swim.

But this summer he really got it! He's doing great in the water this summer. Claire is comfortable enough, but is not really pushing herself to do too much. I think it will really click for her later this summer or next year.

On the last day of the week-long lessons, the parents got to go back to see what the kids had learned. It was actually a bit cloudy and breezy that day, so the kids were freezing!


They enjoyed a fun ride as a reward for doing so well!




And here's a montage of the video clips I got. They each had to practice swimming to Mrs. Melissa from the steps, and then jumping in and swimming. Aaron is so funny when he swims--his body is bent and his little bottom is up in the air!

1 comment:

Amber said...

They did awesome!