Monday, June 21, 2010

Jail bird baby

Hannah is a crawling destructo baby!



She is FAST and on a mission.


She usually crawls directly towards what she knows she cannot have.


Those things include Legos, the box of cereal bars on the pantry floor, and her diaper bag. In the picture above, it was the camera I was holding. She loves to empty bags or boxes full of things. In particular the cereal bars, which are so fun to squish in her hands before she tosses them all over the floor. Or the diaper bag, which has so many interesting little tubes of butt paste and packages of snacks and containers of wipes to throw everywhere.

Sometimes she bids me farewell before she crawls off.




But often she just silently slinks away.

She doesn't let anyone stop her, not even a well-meaning big sister.


But wait. THIS GATE stops her.


Yep, that's a jail bird baby right there. I'm on my third baby in this house and I've never needed a baby gate. But then, I never had tiny Legos and Barbie shoes and a baby BENT on putting them in her mouth. So, we got a swinging gate, and she's stopped in her little crawling tracks.

The gate is working well. It gates the front part of the house off from the back part of the house. When I'm working in the kitchen, I don't have to worry that she's crawling to the kids' room or to their bathroom with the toilet lid up (she's been caught playing in it twice). Often she just sits at the gate watching whatever might be happening on the other side. Poor jail bird baby.

1 comment:

Sophie-and-Bryce said...

awwwww, bless her heart!!!!

i'd seriously die of anxiety with a crawlin' baby and legos in the same house, hahaha!!!!