Saturday, November 8, 2008

How are you feeling?

I've been getting this question a lot lately, so I figured I'd give you one detailed answer! I'm almost 11 weeks pregnant.

I'm feeling good, for the most part. I tend to crash in the early evening...this first trimester always gets me bad with the fatigue. I'm only a couple of weeks away from the glorious 2nd trimester though, where the energy returns and I'm not big enough to be uncomfortable yet. The kids and I stay home more often than we used to, mostly because I don't have the energy to go all day. They don't seem to mind.

I don't have morning sickness at all...never had it with my other two either. I think only 50% of women get morning sickness (according to something I read on the internet, which you know is always true!), so I guess I'm the lucky 50%.

I'm definitely pooching and can't hide this pregnancy any longer. A lady at work this week, who didn't know I was expecting, actually asked me if I was going to have a baby. She had noticed my pooch the day before and knew it was out of place on me unless I was pregnant. (She had better be glad I am pregnant or I would have been mighty offended!!) I'll probably start taking bi-weekly side-view belly shots for the baby's scrapbook in the next week or so. I did that with Claire's pregnancy and love to see the pictures of how I grew! I'm definitely growing faster this time! I've already unpacked my maternity clothes and started wearing a few of the pants on days when my only two pairs of regular pants that actually fit me are dirty.

I'm also starting to feel the baby move in the last week. I can hardly believe I can feel it this early, but it's really an undeniable little flutter--there is no doubt that baby is moving and shaking already. In fact, he/she is moving as I type this! It's like someone is repeatedly thumping inside my abdomen just below my belly button. Really a cool feeling.

We'll probably find out the gender in early January, if not late December. My doctor does an 18-20 week ultrasound so it just depends on how I time my appointments. I'm looking forward to knowing the gender so I can settle on a name and start getting rid of all the extra baby stuff cluttering up our nursery and attic! If it's a boy, all the girl stuff is going, and vice versa! We need some space in this cramped little house!

No comments: