Friday, November 7, 2008

Today has been fun!

This morning I was woken by the sounds of Aaron playing with blocks in his room. Chris had apparently gone in there with him to play for a few minutes before he got ready for work. Within a few minutes Aaron and Chris came to my bed to wake me up. Aaron started telling me, "Mommy! We were building a chameleon, and then we knocked it all down!"

I gave him a puzzed look. "Chameleon?" So he repeated himself. And I said, "Chameleon? That's a lizard, Aaron!"

Chris was laughing so hard and said, "No, Aaron, it was a pavilion. Like the one at the park."

***************************
This morning we went to the library. I just love the library! I love the fact that I can read different blogs to get preschool book recommendations, go to our library website and find them, and if they are at a different library I can put them on hold and within a couple of days they are waiting for me at our library! So today they had about 6 books waiting that I had put on hold. Several of them were Richard Scarry books. Aaron just LOVES Richard Scarry! He always says, "Mommy! Read me a Scarry story!" The books are so detailed he loves to sit by himself and look at all the pictures to see what's going on in Busytown.

One of my favorite things about the library is seeing the kids pick up books that look familiar (favorite authors or stories like Curious George or Berenstein Bears) and latch on to them. Today Claire randomly chose 2 books from the shelf and brought them to me and said, "I want to read these again!" Sure enough, we had checked them out a long time ago, and apparently she remembers reading them! It probably helps her memory that we read the books approximately 30 times before we return them to the library. Unless it's a Dora/Diego book...then it's probably well over 100 times. We made it home today with probably 30 books...which is a light trip for us!

***************************
After the library, we headed to Dollar Tree to buy items for our Samaritan's Purse Christmas boxes. Our church is organizing Operation Christmas Child and I picked up two boxes for the kids to fill. They had such a good time choosing items for the boxes--one for a boy and one for a girl.

By this time, I was very hungry, and Chick-fil-A was right across the street. So we splurged and decided to eat out for lunch. What a great decision! We saw several friends there and had a great time. Except that once when I was taking Claire to the potty she actually fell in (GROSS!) and got her shirt all wet, so I took her shirt off and had to carry her bare-chested to the van to get a clean shirt. The only one I had was one of Aaron's short-sleeved shirts but it worked! Thank goodness I had the foresight to put a change of clothes for each of the kids in the van. I need to change them out to winter clothes though--all Claire had in the van was a spaghetti strap tank top!!

2 comments:

Samantha said...

Yuck! I remember when Lillie was almost-2 and we were potty training ... we stopped at a gas station on the way home from Olive Branch to take her potty, and she fell in. I washed her bottom in the sink, and when I got back to the car, I smeared hand sanitizer all over it! I just KNEW she was going to get some kind of disgusting disease! I'm still careful, of course, but thank goodness that after 3 kids, I'm not that paranoid anymore!

Regina said...

Eeeew! Poor Claire and poor you! I guess that is one thing about boys, you don't have to worry about them falling in the potty. Hope you guys got all sanitized!