Thursday, November 6, 2008

Yes, I'm still here--with some scattered thoughts

I have found blogging time hard to come by these days! I constantly blog in my head throughout the day, but never get around to sitting at the computer to get it all typed in. And now that I am sitting here and determined to blog about something, I can't remember 90% of the funny things the kids said that I wanted to record, or the deep thoughts I was having that I felt I needed to share.

So here are some random thoughts--

*Aaron has run two random fevers this week that have gone down within two hours, and other than that he's been fine. It's strange and we're not sure what's wrong. I had to keep him home from school today because of the 24-hour-fever rule, but he was perfectly fine! So I didn't let him have a veg-out day. We did a big floor puzzle, had a fun lunch, did worksheets to practice handwriting, and had music time and play time.

*Claire is fully potty trained now! Hooray! We still have an accident here and there, but she wears underwear all her waking hours and a diaper at nap and nighttime. I am so happy and proud!!

*I am still very tired and feeling so very behind. I have had lots of deep thoughts lately about what my purpose in life is. What is my mission? I think God is reminding me that my first two and most important jobs are wife and mother. I have got to put my home first in my agenda!! I feel so scatterbrained lately I can't keep up with housework which puts a strain on everything it seems. And I have been increasingly leaving the children to watch TV while I rest or work, which causes lots of mommy guilt. I'm having trouble with a balance.

*Speaking of my mission, I think my mission field is my children. I have not been praying with them or speaking of spiritual things or reading Bible stories often enough. This is an indication of my time spent alone with the Lord, which hasn't been much lately. I need to be a reflection of Him to my children and I can only do that if I am coming to Him daily. Lord, help me!

*Are you overwhelmed by all my thoughts yet??? Thanks for reading! I hope to have a more cohesive post soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for being so open..it's comforting to know i'm not the only one who struggles w/ finding one on one time to spend w/ God, and occasionally wondering what purpose am i really serving? i think that's why i had such a hard time w/ turning 30. i mean 30 yrs have gone by and what have i accomplished and done w/ those years?