I have been wanting to write a post about Aaron's budding math skills. One of his favorite things right now is doing math facts. I bought him a set of math fact flashcards at the dollar store, and he learned how to use a calculator for addition and subtraction. I taught him how to figure out the math facts in his head, then check his answer on the calculator. He just loves to do it! (If you're interested, our technique is to catch the bigger number in his head, then the smaller number on his fingers. Then he starts with the number in his head and counts up on his fingers. So 7+2 is 7 in his head, 8 on the first finger, 9 on the second finger, then check the answer!)
Tonight I walked to the back of the house around 9:30 and saw Aaron's light was on and the door closed. I had left him with the light off and door open, so I knew he had sneakily gotten up to play. I walked in the room and found this precious little math whiz all wiped out on the floor.


I picked him up and put him in bed. I can't wait to see what he says about all the cards all over the floor in the morning.
3 comments:
So cute! That might be one for the record books if he does indeed become a math whiz!
Thanks so much for the comment and prayers, Nicole! I really appreciate it and have felt the effects of each prayer lifted up on behalf. I am overwhelmed by how many people are praying for me that I have no clue about. God is so good! Have a blessed week!~Audie=)
It's awesome to see him so excited about learning. It had to warm your heart to see him curled up on the floor with his math cards. So cute!
I'm going to try the counting technique with Cody.
Post a Comment