Saturday, December 5, 2009

Hannah's Baby Dedication

A couple of weeks ago at church we dedicated our sweet Hannah Rose to the Lord. It is a time when we publicly commit and the church prays with us to raise Hannah in a Christian home and teach her about the Lord.



The life verse we chose for Hannah is Psalm 86:11-12

11 Teach me your way, O LORD,
and I will walk in your truth;
give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.

12 I will praise you, O Lord my God, with all my heart;
I will glorify your name forever.



We considered Colossians 1:10-14, but it was too long, and then Chris came across the verse in Psalms that we feel sums up what we want for Hannah's life--that she walks in His truth, with an undivided heart, fearing and praising His name forever!

I still pray the Colossians verse for Hannah, and all of my children.

"And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and joyfully giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light. For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins."


By the way, Hannah is the only one of my 3 to have pictures of her baby dedication. With the other two, I accidentally left the camera in the diaper bag in the nursery!

No comments: