We didn't make a big deal about the Easter bunny--in fact, I don't think we mentioned him at all before Sunday morning--but the kids did have a few little books and some bubbles in their Easter baskets Sunday morning. They asked who put them there, and I said, "Oh, well, the Easter bunny." They didn't question it.
Sunday morning at church there was a big cross covered in flowers. We were encouraged to bring flowers to place in the cross, and it made for a great backdrop for family photos after church. I brought roses that Poppy bought for me the day before.
One of my favorite pics was the first one I snapped, and it's overexposed! Bummer! But the kids were being precious!
Claire in her sweet pink and green dress with a white sweater. She loved the dress when we put it on her Sunday morning. She said, "This is a pretty dress! My friends will like to see my pretty dress!"
Aaron is so hard to photograph!
Our attempt at a family shot!
After church we went to Mimi & Pa's for lunch. Since we had been out of town, we had not dyed eggs yet, so we did that while waiting for other family members to arrive. Claire enjoyed passing the time with the matching game that came with the Paas kit.
Chris got really into the egg dying with Aaron.
And Pa helped Claire!
We got in our egg hunt before lunch, just before the rain started. We hid 136 eggs for the 5 kids!!
The rest of the day I apparently didn't pick up my camera--I even took a nap on the couch with everyone talking and playing around me. I was exhausted!!
No comments:
Post a Comment