So here I am at 32 weeks pregnant!
Yes, I'm small, I know and people tell me all the time. I just don't carry big in my pregnancies. There is no where in my bone structure for the baby to go but straight out! And even then I guess my skin only stretches so far! Today was my first appointment where the doctor mentioned that I was measuring small...which I totally expected because I did the same thing with Aaron and Claire's pregnancies. My doctor will probably do an ultrasound next month to check the baby's weight, but we're both just assuming I'll have another small baby! (Aaron was 5 lbs 6 oz, Claire was 6 lbs 8 oz...little tiny things!)
And baby #3 finally has a name!
Hannah Rose
I just love this name. Chris and I had the hardest time coming up with a name both of us liked. I really liked Caroline, but Chris thought it was too similar to Claire (say "Clairiline"). Natalie and Katherine were both high on our list, but neither of them really "fit" for us. One night during one of our many conversations about names, I was just throwing out all kinds of names and I threw out "Hannah". He didn't say anything then, but a few days later he came home from work and said "How's 'Hannah'?" I was shocked he was finally suggesting a name, and he told me it had just been growing on him since I had mentioned it. I told him I really liked it, so we started talking about Hannah Marie...Marie was a middle name we had considered for some of the other names. Neither of us were just sold on that name, and a couple of days later the name "Rose" came to me. I immediately loved the way it sounded with Hannah, and roses remind me of my dear Grandma, since they were her favorite flower. I really wanted some tribute to Grandma in her name. I ran it by Chris, and he wanted to think it over for a couple of days, but he said he really liked it. That following Sunday at church there were at least 3 separate references to roses and I was convinced it was a sign from God that her name was Hannah Rose!
Hannah Rose is very active and likes to torture Mommy with violent hiccups just as I am trying to fall asleep. I am very achy at the end of most days, and my back hurts alot...SI joint and sciatic nerve. A PT friend is ordering me an SI belt so I'm hoping that will help. He told me it's mostly hormones but this could give me some relief. Sitting and resting helps, but I'm not much of a sitter...I like to be doing things!
I am still in shock that she will be here in just 6 or 7 weeks!! I finally ordered her car seat and bassinet (I'm getting a co-sleeper bassinet that attaches to the side of my bed to make it easier to reach her during the night...very excited about this!). Poor Hannah still doesn't have a room, as we are still trying to find the right bunk beds for Aaron and Claire so they can move in together, but we decided it's not that big of a deal since she will be in our room for a couple of months anyway. I feel overwhelmed when I think of everything I don't have ready, but I think 3rd babies just go with the flow anyway so she'll never know I don't have everything perfect and pristine for her! I know I'll get lots of pictures since I have a camera addiction, so I guess my 3rd child won't be deprived of pictures!
2 comments:
yay for belly pics! and i love the name! you look great!
wow...how good you look at 32 wks!! i'm jealous!!
Post a Comment