Thursday, April 30, 2009

How am I doing?

"How are you doing?" is one of my most asked questions lately!

I am 35 1/2 weeks pregnant, and doing pretty well! When I had the flu a couple of weeks ago, I honestly thought I would not get back to normal before the baby came. I guess I really thought it was all over and I would just be on the couch for the next month and a half. But I have made a great comeback, and any ache or pain I have now is really no big deal in the grand scheme of things--I think because I remember being in SO MUCH PAIN two weeks ago! This has done wonders for my outlook and moods!

I think the baby turned in the last couple of days, so instead of sitting transverse like she has been most of the pregnancy, I think she is head down. This has given me some relief from the sciatic pain (although occasionally I have a shooting pain if I move the wrong way), but I do believe my SI joint is still popping in and out which causes back pain. (My sister-in-law is a PT and explained the difference in the SI joint and sciatic nerve to me!)

I do waddle when I walk, especially since the baby has turned! People who see me have started noticing that I look "ready" so I think that means I am almost ready! I will have my next appointment on Monday so hopefully we will schedule my c-section and maybe do an ultrasound to see how little Hannah is growing. I can hardly wait to meet her!

I have been nesting since I have felt better. Claire is almost completely moved into Aaron's room. We ordered bunk beds that will arrive early next week--the kids are so excited about that. Once Claire is out of her bed, I can turn it back into a crib and put the baby bedding in. Today I wandered through Target trying to think of baby things I had forgotten to buy--I got pacifiers (secretly hoping this one is a thumb sucker like Claire because a thumb is so much easier to keep up with--but I certainly don't want to be without pacis!) and breastmilk storage bags. What else can I be forgetting? My experience with two other babies reminds me that babies really don't need all that much...just lots of love!

I cleaned out Aaron's closet to make more room for Claire's stuff, and I have rearranged the toys in the kid's room. I have cleaned my closet to make room for some of the junk sitting around in my room so I have room for the baby's bassinet. I have piles of stuff to donate to Goodwill and for Chris to take to the attic. I have the baby clothes cleaned, car seat ready (but not in the van yet)...what else do I need to do??????

I am getting sooooo ready!!!

6 comments:

Sophie-and-Bryce said...

i'm so excited for you guys!!!!

i'm glad to hear that you feel better now that she's turned, dropped, and settled snugly where she needs to be.

:)

Ginger said...

I'm glad you're feeling better. Yep, I think I'm as ready as I'll ever be too. I went to the midwife yesterday and if I don't go on my own in the next two weeks, she's willing to induce me on the 15th since I have a history of large babies. =) I can't wait!!!

Amber said...

I have breast pump stuff you might want. I have the little white circles that make the thing work...I can't think of the name. I have the steamer bags. I have some storage bags too. I'll get it together for you. Valve covers! That's what they are called.

Holly said...

Congratulations! I hope the tail end of your pregnancy goes well! :)

kristi said...

sounds like everything's coming together for ya! good luck tomorrow at the doc!

Kim Trimm said...

aww, i'm getting so excited for you! you've been a busy little mama! sounds like you've got everything in order. how wonderful! :)