Friday, April 24, 2009

She is her mother's daughter

A couple of mornings ago Chris told me just after I woke up, "Claire is definitely her mother's daughter."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Do you remember talking about safety pins this morning?" he asked.

"Safety pins?? Ummm...no," I answered.

He told me, "Just before you woke up this morning you muttered 'safety pins' to me."

I guess I had the consignment sale on my brain, even though we're over 2 weeks past it! I have no idea what I would have been dreaming about safety pins.

Then he said, "At 2:15 this morning Claire woke up crying and I went in to see what was the matter." Hmmm...I thought, I never even heard her cry! Good thing Daddy was listening.

"She started mumbling that she needed someone to go outside with her," he continued. "Then she went back to sleep."

Well isn't that funny. Apparently Claire and I both say strange things in our sleep! Chris has numerous stories about the things I have said to him while sleeping. Claire is definitely her mother's daughter!!

And another funny story, just because--

One morning recently Claire woke up before I did (wait, this happens every day!). Anyway, she was looking for me and for some reason didn't think to go see if I was in my bed. She asked Chris where I was, and he said, "I don't know, maybe she went to the moon!" He told me he tells the kids this all the time when they ask where I am.

Claire looked at him like she thought it might be true, then said, "Nah! It's not dark outside!"

Such logic!!

No comments: