Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Nesting frustrations

I have definitely turned into a nesting mama, and it couldn't have come at a worse time!! I have this desire to hurry up and finish lots of things around the house, like organizing closets to make room for baby equipment, get Claire moved to Aaron's room--which entails buying bunk beds, moving all her clothes to his dresser, organizing his closet to include her stuff, and organizing toys. I also need to get baby stuff washed and ready, and put Hannah's name on her wall. (This is such a high priority, you know.)

All this when my back has been just killing me--the sciatic nerve and my SI joint are giving me fits. And the poor circulation and spider veins in my right leg make it throb in pain, especially first thing in the morning.

There have been times my back pain is so bad I can't get up. Just a couple of days ago I had a moment of panic thinking, "Here I am home alone with the kids and I cannot even stand up to walk across the room. I'm going to have to call an ambulance or something. But I can't get to the phone!"

The pain is not always that bad, but it's usually worse later in the day. It has made dinner prep difficult and it's all I can do to keep up with the laundry. My floors are cluttered and in need of vacuuming, but it's one of those things that is not critical so it can just wait!!

The most frustrating thing to me is sitting so much. I can't stand to just sit around, especially knowing there are things that need to be done. Last night it seemed every time I got up I had a braxton hicks contraction, so I was trying to sit as much as possible. I'm excited for Hannah to be here (and out of me already!) but 33 weeks is definitely too early for that. So I'm doing my best to take it easy and only participate in necessary activities with the children.

Okay, thanks for reading my frustrations!!! I really needed to vent!!!

1 comment:

Ginger said...

Sorry your sciatica is still acting up. Luckily mine only lasted a week, but it is pure misery! I had a little "talk" with Joy asking her to move over a bit... I guess she listened. ;) Just try to take it easy...in the long run if the house isn't clean or closets don't get organzied, it really doesn't matter. =) Before you know it she will be here and everything will still be hard, just in different ways.